The Problem are not your Eyes, It is You



I’m gonna be raw honest with you, guys: I do admire a woman with nice legs. (Maybe this is why I'm still single... I'm so damn picky. T.T ) The Lord knew how to curve those curves. Because of my sinful nature, I let my eyes run wild almost every time I see a woman with this feature. Sadly, I fall into the Matthew 5:28 category of men: the peek-a-boo. Every man who has ever lived in this blue planet knows what I’m talking about; and if you tell me you have ever had problems with your eyes: 1) you are the greatest liar of all time or 2) you are not interested in women, and obviously, you have other targets for your eyes. But this is for all of those who have this problem while looking to ladies (and I guess it applies to all of us, Christian young bloods).
I’ve read comments on social media and blogs talking about this sin (let’s call things by their name, right?). And almost all the time I read things like: My eyes betray me; my eyes roll by themselves and take autonomy; I can’t avoid it!, It is like I’m another person; It is not my fault I’m looking to women this way… and so on. 
The truth of the matter is this: IT IS ACTUALLY OUR FAULT. We cannot blame our body members for something they cannot do by their own. Our body is not independent from our minds. Let go to one of Jesus teachings:
19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. (Matt. 15:19)
 
That peek-a-boo thing we have comes from our minds and hearts. It doesn't come from our bodies. Can our hand unscrew itself and walk? (Unless you are part of the Addams Family.) Can your feet get you where you don't want to be? We cannot blame our eyes when they get our of their sockets. Our eyes go where our mind goes. Our eyes look what we direct them to look. And that is an issue because a lot of Christian men are not trained to discipline their mind. 
To discipline our mind is one heck of a commandment God gave us. Check Romans 12:2 out!
 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
We are called to renew our minds in order to control our eyes. We are called to watch what we feed our brain with, so our brain can stop behaving in some harmful way. No woman deserves to be looked like a filet mignon
The only way we can renew our minds is by letting God do it by His Word transforming us into believe and obey His commandments. 
I actually have a question: Why God prohibited us to look to a woman with lustful eyes? Why God command us to control our eyes?
It's because the eyes are the windows or our mind. We process what we see. It stays in our brains and we gotta take care of ourselves for that. Sexual purity is a big fight, and we gotta fight it in the inside first. Our main sexual organ is our brain, and we need to protect it. 
So man up and look to the side. That is a start. But remember it is not the solution. The solution is to clean your heart.

Comentarios

Entradas populares