When You have To Decide: The Aftermath I



Yesterday night, I dated Shorty. We went to the Zona Colonial to listen to jazz. It was an awkward night. We avoided eye contact, physical touch and every flirty interaction between both. Remember that I said she was the one I WANTED to invest my time and affections in? 

We went to eat something after the music. And there we were able to talk and to clear the space. What started as a flirty and steamy start via Whatsapp became the soggiest, quirky and lame night for both of us. We came to a mutual conclusion: There was no spark between us.
I believe in the chemistry between couples as I believe in the Holy Spirit inside of me: It’s freaking REAL. It is something you cannot deny! It is the single topic I do believe secular romantic and sensual songs agree with the reality of love. You cannot fake it, you cannot light it yourself, and it flows naturally between a man and a woman that likes each other. Bible don’t lie:

Song of Solomon 2:7: Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and wild deer, not to awaken love until the time is right.

That being said, the situation leads me to another and the greatest reality. I told you last post that I was literally fighting against God, because I felt (still feel) like He was forcing me to actually fix my eyes in the other girl (and He is still doing it). I came to this other conclusion:
God’s will is STRONGER than any human dream, effort and desire ever conceived. It crushes determinations. It molds the circumstances of the world. It changes the roots of the human nature to transform it to the Image of the Creator. The will of God is STRONGER than life itself.

Like the life of Hazael, the man who never thought would become the king of Syria; our lives can be changed and directed by God’s purpose.

That’s why I’m single: because God wanted me to be. Let’s see what is going on in the future. In the meanwhile, I have to stop fighting and start trusting.

Comentarios

Entradas populares