Why Christian Dudes like Unbeliever Girls


 As a man looking for a spouse... (damn) That sounded so desperate...let me rephrase: As a man hoping to get married one day, I've always had the same problem since I got saved: My tastes have never changed. How so? I've always like unbeliever girls more than Christian girls. 

You could say: Hold your horses, cowboy...You know that's a No-No for us...Remember 2 Corinthians 6? Yes. I remember that verse, and I try everyday to live the same way Martin Luther lived: ...for my conscience is held captive by the word of God, and to act against conscience is neither right nor safe.[1]  But even thou, I can't help it. I still compare, not only bodies, but personalities and even faith! That's a little bit of a non-sense, because I cannot compare someone who is still DEAD in her tresspasses and sins, and in complete emnity with God, to one of God's own precious daughters. I cannot compare a person who in the long run it's gonna be against every step I take in order to get closer to Jesus Christ, to a person who is gonna be my ideal helper in order to fulfill God's will for both lives.

My mentor and my pastor say that it is completely normal for Christian men, because of our flesh and our sinful nature indwelling inside of us. But, what happens when you start actually believing that unbeliever girls are more suitable for you?

I want to show you guys, some things I found in my own heart about it: Here's why Christian men are into Unbeliever Girls:

You are into her because:
  1. She gives you more attention and recognition than the Christian girl. Why: The Christian girl is more focused in her Lord (1Cor. 7) than in you. And that makes you angry. You want the undivided attention of the ladies, and you are willing to fight for the spotlight with God. It is a natural reflection of our sinful nature! An unbeliever girl will give you that attention, because she is putting all her hopes and dreams about her life into the next guy she meets, and that could be you. If you want to change that perception, you have to focus on a girl who loves the Lord more than you. And besides, you know that girls like to play it hard sometimes. Be a man and pursue that daughter of God, man!
  2. She makes you feel like a capable and spiritually competent leader. Why: Obviously, you have more divine and spiritual knowledge than her; you could even mentor her into Christianity! But that leads to missionary dating and that sucks. We are not meant to do the work of the Holy Spirit into your fling's life. Only God can change that heart. It doesn't matter if she loves your devotionals and how she loves listening to you talking about a God she doesn't understand. Maybe the Christian girl knows your theological flaws. Maybe that Christian girl is more knowledgeable than you in Biblical matters, and you feel less because of that. But it is not an excuse to lower the standards. Kill that Goliath-size ego.
  3. This is a red flag: She makes you flirt with the idea of indulging into what you want. Why: That girl makes you jump between sand and water with sin and holiness. She is the one who makes you think bad stuff with her, because she is encouraging you to do so: She wants you to go to her house, ALONE. Or, she wants you to skip church just because she wants to be with you, or she wants to have sex with you (before marriage of course.) We Christian young bloods, have always wanted a bad girl. Let's face it. Like my buddy J.E. said once: A bad chick half-converted. It sounds cringe-funny, but it is the reality of it. We like the idea of being with a woman who can have the best of both worlds. Not that way with a fully committed Christian girl: She will fight to pursue holiness in her body and mind, and she will push you too. If you don't want t pursue a woman who is committed to be holy in front of God, you need to rethink your faith, because every Christian is called to be holy as He is Holy. Maybe because of this dirty little desire, you may be thinking about this too:
  4. She seems funnier and more interesting than the Christian Girl. Why: This is a little hard. I want to take the sexual out of this one. I've known some Christian girls that are more stiff than a 2x4. I get that. I've known others that are so introverted and shy that they don't seem like get too social with guys; and that's part of their personalities. There are other Christian girls that are, sadly, too Pharisaic concerning things. I get when guys start looking a normal and kind relationship outside the church. I'm one of them! Surprisingly, I've known unbeliever girls with amazing personalities and great hearts. And they have made me wonder...Like I said, I get when guys look outside the Church, but it doesn't justify the action. 2 Cor 6 calls us to get separated from them and to not touch anything impure, because there is no such a thing like intimacy between the temple of the Holy Spirit and the idols. Gladly, the solution is very simple: The Church is not based in your local building alone. Go out, go to joint services, go to youth camps, go to seminaries and retreats, join other small groups, get into a missions trip, start serving, start moving! The fact that your church doesn't have enough girls, or you don't like the ones you have close, it doesn't matter that they are the only Christian women in the earth...Go out. Meet. Pray. Work for God. Remember that we gotta focus on His Kingdom first and all the other stuff will come by itself.
The hard truth: Dating unbeliever girls may be the easy way out to find a spouse. Dating an unbeliever girl may be the easy way out into a shallow maturity in the faith. Dating an unbeliever girl may be limiting you to reach God's true calling for you. Dating an unbeliever girl may make you fall into sin more often. Dating an unbeliever girl may be your renounce to growth and transformation through Christ. Dating an unbeliever girl may set the standard pretty low and cheap. Yes, cheap: remember we are a chosen people, a holy nation. We are divine royalty. You don't have to tell me it's hard, cuz I know it is.

We get too focused on what our heart is telling us. But we need to remember that our heart is deceitful. But we have to BELIEVE that God is good and He wants to bless us. Remember: His will is good and perfect, all the time. If you don't believe it, well...let Samson tells you what happened to him.

Maybe, that's why I'm still single..:)

Comentarios

Entradas populares